Monday, May 18, 2009

Fading away to nothing

Spoke with a pastor friend this morning on the phone. He had read my previous blog and was, in a way, congratulating me when he said something like, "from what I read, you're fading away to nothing." Yeah, don't I wish!

I have lost a little weight, but it would probably not be noticeable to anyone other than my wife and mom. This is going to be a long term process, and it will take a while to get to my intended goal. Four years ago I went on a similar weight loss plan and lost 50 pounds in nine months. My problem was that when I reached my goal, I retreated back to the same old choices and bad eating habits. As a result, since that time I have gained 65 pounds, so prior to my decision that is now several weeks old, I was heavier than I've ever been in my life. That, along with some stress, led me to having some health problems. It was a wake up call to me. I am four years older now and not going at it as zealous as before, but I am just as strong in my commitment.

Yeah, I do hope you will be seeing less of me. The fact is, I want that in more ways than one. I want less of the old man, less of the flesh, to show. I want Jesus to shine in my life.

On another note, I get tired of the same layout, and am working on changing my blog. I accidentally deleted some links to friends, and will have to look them up to get them back. I also have several other blogs, and am trying to figure out how to put all of them into one, rather than manage them separately. Hopefully, I will have the changes within a few days.

Y'all be blessed!

No comments: