Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stuck in the mud


I had the trailer hitched to the Tahoe, going to do some yard work. A pile of concrete that had been busted up in order to repair the lines going to the swimming pool needed to be moved. My plans were to load them on the trailer and haul them to a gully in the back of the yard. Going around the back in behind the pool, the vehicle began sliding down into the nearby trees. Attempts to get unstuck only made the situation worse. The frequent rains of the last week had made the ground softer than I anticipated. And now it is raining again.

How long it will take to get the Tahoe out of the back yard is still to be determined. As I sit here there is a heavy rain. I am waiting to see if my son is able to get the vehicle out with the pulley on his Jeep. I sort of doubt it. Dwayne has also mentioned getting the fork lift from the family business, about a quarter of a mile down the road. If neither of those proves feasible, I will call a towing service.

It is not a pretty sight. Stuck in the mud. Mud all over the vehicle where my efforts to get unstuck only made matters worse. Carried from the outside to the interior of the vehicle as I got in and out, in and out, trying to rock the truck back and forth. Still stuck, I await.

Have you ever been like my Tahoe? Stuck in a situation in life that it seems you cannot get out of? Stuck in a marriage that isn't working, in a job that is non productive, in a career that doesn't interest you. Stuck with a disease, with fear, with doubt. Stuck in sin, a habit. We can get stuck in all sorts of things can't we? Like the man laid daily at the gate of the temple when Peter and John passed by, we sometimes get stuck at the gate.

Don't know about you, but I want to be unstuck. Gotta get out of the rut, out of the mud. Physically, emotionally, spiritually. And Tahoe-ally :)

The good news is that Jesus delivers us from the stuck ness of our lives. Allow him to free you today!

No comments: