Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Have I told you lately that I love you?

I awoke with the song melody going through my head "Have I told you lately that I love you? Could I tell you once again somehow? Have I told with all my heart and soul how I adore you? Well darlin', I'm telling you now." I am sure the reason the old song came to my mind was because of this special day...

Today I celebrate my wedding anniversary with the love of my life and my best friend. Trish is a gift from God to me, and I am so blessed to have her in my life. I could not imagine it without her. We married way too young, not out of necessity, but out of love itself. Our marriage has withstood many trials and tests during the years, and her commitment has been the backbone of it.

I want to tell you about what marriage can and should be. A marriage that survives the storms is one whose trust is God, and whose love is committed and faithful. Having stated this, I want to tell you that there are no perfect marriages. And if you are a product of a failed one, it does not make you a failure. God never gives up on you.

The word of God asks a question... "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her worth is far above precious rubies?" To answer Proverbs 31, I shout, "I DID, I DID! I found one!!"

Trish, I love you. You are the most shining example of Jesus that I have ever seen. Thank you for being you. You are a precious gift.

Happy Anniversary, Sunshine! I love you!

No comments: