Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas after stuff

We began the process of decorating for Christmas at the church I pastor on the first of November, although we didn't light any of them until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. And our decorations at home began the day after Thanksgiving. Both inside and out, at home and church. We expanded our vision at the church, and had an array of lights and displays at the church, in addition to the inside. Pretty massive for a small church, and I was involved in a good bit of it. And our home lights and trees, deer, and snowmen, wreaths, etc, was a pretty good bit of work also. My wife takes the credit for most of the interior, and I helped her with the outside.

In addition to this, all the parties, events, and activities of church and family during the holidays is a lot of fun, but also can be tiring. And did I mention the food, and cakes, and the candy?! Needless to say, everything has left us exhausted (and fattened, lol)!

My wife posted on facebook that she loved putting the decorations up, but hated taking them down. She got a lot of response from others who concurred. We enjoy the preparations for and the times of, but are left with a tiredness that carries over for a few days, doesn't it? This week Trish and I have been taking down the decorations at home, and we will take them down at the church tonight. I'll be glad to get it all over with!

We had a great Christmas! Always enjoy our family time, and our church functions and fellowships. And I am now getting ready for the New Year. I actually began thinking about some things in November that I want to accomplish in 2010, but have had them on the back burner until now. So I've got to get my body in alignment with my spirit.

Wishing you a Happy and Blessed New Year!

No comments: