Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Power of Communication

These days have presented incredible opportunities to reach the harvest fields of the world via the internet. My blog has had recent visitors from across the US, and Norway, Netherlands, Indonesia, and the D.R. Entry points have been from FB, Twitter, church website, google, yahoo, and other search engines. From a little corner of the world we can reach the world!

Social networks such as Twitter and Facebook can be great resources for furthering the advancement of the gospel. I purposely mix up sharing my faith with family and fun posts. I find that if I can first connect with people, I am provided a platform that may not exist otherwise.

I encourage pastors and leaders to take advantage. Being an expert writer or communicator is not a prerequisite (I certainly am not). Just be yourself, be real, and communicate. I follow and friend some of the great leaders and communicators of our nation, and I am inspired by their posts. I also follow some who, like me, are just a local pastor in a small town church. But their message is just as great! So, get to it. Begin writing, blogging, sharing.

Salesman are using these resources to expand their sales. Let's use them to expand the kingdom!

No comments: