Tuesday, March 4, 2008

GOOD MORNING, LORD

I heard this a few years ago, and am not sure where. The story goes that some people wake up in the morning, saying, "Good Lord, it's morning"! I know that some phrases get lost in culture and do not translate well, but the expression and the tone of the expression are spoken so that the emphasis is not on the goodness of the Lord, nor of the awaking to another beautiful day. The meaning of this phrase is one of dread, fear, and worry. Like, another day I am facing..more problems, what's next?!

I have had days like that. Where things did not go well and I dreaded waking up in the morning to face the things ahead. I may not have verbalized the words spoken above, but I lived them. Today I wake up with the challenge of how I will handle every situation. I flew in Saturday night from my trip with renewed fire. The missions trip tired me physically, but refreshed my spirit. I return home, and we have a great Sunday. minus some empty seats. There's still a lot of sickness, I assure myself, and in a week or so everyone will be gathered back in. So Monday I am ready to establish new momentum, and see a mighty move of God. But I get a phone call, receive an email, am handed a bill that is twice the quote, and suddenly I feel drained. I began to bottom out last night.

So I awaken this morning with the "hangover" of all that has transpired in the last week and a half, and the things I faced on the typical Monday. How will I face this day? My mind says, "Good Lord, it's morning". But I know that is not the attitude I need.

I must remember to keep a right attitude and a renewed mindset. The words I speak are creative or destructive. So, instead of "Good Lord, it's morning", I welcome the day with "Good morning, Lord". You see, I know that with Him I can face all the battles, the bills, the budget, everything. This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Be Blessed,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: