Thursday, March 6, 2008

Staying fresh

One of the points of emphasis I had while ministering in the pastors and leaders conferences/meetings on my trip last week to El Salvador was the need to stay fresh in God. I told the pastors how they need to ensure that their relationship with Christ was vibrant and alive, and not to allow anything to take them away from that. Being a pastor for a good number of years now, I know that nothing affects the church more than a man and woman of God in the pulpit who are on fire. It is vitally important that leadership is refueled and refreshed at all times.

I find myself sometimes needing to get what I have preached. Being busy or active does not imply that we are anointed. Sometimes I find myself running on fumes. Jesus told the disciples on one occasion to "come apart and rest awhile". It is important to come apart lest we come apart. Sometimes my precious wife, Trish, will remind me to practice what I preach.

I want to encourage you today to keep your romance alive with Christ. Take time out for Him. Take a few minutes before you start the day, on your lunch break, or whatever works for you. Open your bible, say a prayer, and allow the Holy Spirit to respond to your spirit. Those around you need your freshness in God!

Be Blessed!

No comments: