Friday, October 17, 2008

DEVALUED? NO, I DON'T THINK SO!

Like the economic downturn and the devalued dollar, some lives are in a tailspin. Problems and adversities tend to cause us to look at ourselves and think maybe we somehow deserve the calamities that have come upon us. I want to speak an encouraging word to you today. Your worth is not linked to how well things are going in your life. Your worth is determined by the ONE who formed you.

I understand pain, discouragement, and despair. Most of us have had some degree of this, if we will be honest. Some have had what seems to be more than their share. It is during the difficult times that Satan gives us what may be his biggest weapon- He tells us that God doesn't really love or care for us. If God cared for us, why would this be happening to us? As with Eve in the garden, the serpent plants the seeds of doubting God's word and His good intentions toward us.
Someone is reading this blog who feels as if they are a failure. You think you are not worth being loved. But I want to tell you the devil is a liar.

For some reason, I am compelled to continue on this thought, a link to my last blog, "you can make it." You may feel as if your best days are behind you, but I want to encourage you to hold on. This, too, shall pass.

Your worth is not based on your health or your wealth. It is not based on what you are going through. It is not based on what has been done to you. He walked out on you? They walked away from Jesus. You are suffering.. so did he. I am not trying to minimize your pain, I just want to tell you that your worth is set by God. And He never devalues His child!

God cares for you so much. He is just a prayer away. You are of great value.

I love you in the Lord. I'm praying for you. I don't have to know you to feel this way. It is the love God put in my heart. If I can help you, let me know. I don't want your money, I want you to be free and feel good about yourself.

Pastor Ronnie

No comments: