Saturday, October 4, 2008

JINGLE BELLS


Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way... I've had this tune in my head for several days now, since I heard the news. The news I am referring to is that several of the retail giants being concerned about the economic situation and upcoming Christmas shopping. So they have decided to jump the gun on the holiday season, and begin their marketing and sales campaign now. They want to give us plenty of time to spend money we don't have. Wal Mart is already reducing the prices of many of its items, the toys, and things which traditionally are the earmark purchases for Christmas.
What? No Halloween? What about Thanksgiving? Do we leave out the turkey? No, I don't think so. I think that you will still be able to buy the costumes and get the candy corn, still get the turkey and the pumpkins. You will just be able to get ole Saint Nick with his merchandise right along beside them.
Gotta run. I want to hurry up and miss the crowd that is rushing to beat down the doors. Yeah, right. Jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to ride....

No comments: