Tuesday, October 7, 2008

MY HURTING HEART

My heart is hurting. No, I am not speaking of physical chest pains. I am talking about an inward pain that is nonetheless just as real. The burden of people who have come across my path this week with real needs are on my mind and in my heart. The burden of a precious lady whose husband has been ill. She is now facing surgery for cancer. The teenager who is in the hospital dealing with some personal issues. She is one of the sweetest girls you will ever meet. She has a poor self image. We are lifting her up to be set free from every wrong choice in her life. My heart is heavy for the near 500 who lost their jobs in the county, of which some are members of my church. And for the ones who are struggling financially due to sickness and loss of work. My heart goes out my son in law and daughter, as the road to recovery continues. It will be the first of the year before he is released to go back to work. Others who are suffering physically. My dad continues to receive treatment for cancer.

I am burdened for lost souls. For those who have gotten discouraged and gotten out of church. For those who have fallen back into Satan's trap. We are believing for God to reach them and restore them.

My hurt is hurting with a godly burden. My hurt is for the injustice done to another. It is for the victim who could not defend theirself. My anguish is that someone who should love would resort to unspeakable and unthinkable actions. I am burdened for the past pain and for the present pain that is carried because of yesterday's wounds. My burden is for the physical and emotional needs that are carried. I find myself praying and weeping.


You know what it is like to feel the pain of others. You understand the thing when it hits you in the gut, and it really bothers you. You have looked the other way at times, but find then comes the time where you can't do that anymore. For whatever reason, like the Good Samaritan, you see someone wounded, and you know you must respond. And sometimes all we can do is pray. And so we do that. When we can't do anything else, we can pray. When we can't undo the past, we can pray. When we can't fix the present problems, we can pray. And prayer helps. And prayer works.



You see, we serve a God who is more than enough. He is able to touch, heal, restore. I preach that all the time. Today I am reminded that there are people who need that kind of God.

And so I am hurting in my heart.. hurting and praying.



Love and Prayers,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: