Sunday, October 19, 2008

IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS

I think the saying is a jingle to an old tv beer commercial. Wherever it originated from, it just came to my mind as I sit here relaxing on a Sunday afternoon. We had an awesome service this morning. As pastor, I tend to evaluate everything. It's just one of those things pastors are prone to do, I guess. I reflect on everything from the attendance, to how people respond, to the excitement level, to the offering level. I haven't seen the offering amount yet, but the others were pretty good. It was a great day.


I am sitting here flipping channels between the football games and the nascar race that is on. I am in what my grandson Zach calls "the comfortable couch." It is one of those small ones, we used to call them love seats, but I'm not sure if that is the actual term. In my "comfortable couch love seat" double recliner next to me is my beautiful wife of 37 years. It is not really cold, but we are sharing a throw my daughter gave me for Christmas that has "daddy" on it. Mom has more of it than daddy.

I don't have a ton of money, in fact the account is very limited. I guess if I counted things as some do, I could be disattisfied with what life has given me. But I am content with where I am in life. No, I haven't arrived, and there is definitely room for improvement. So, yes, things can improve and get better.

But I've got a God who loves me so much He gave His only Son for me. I've got a wife I am more crazy about than the day we married. I am blessed with 4 wonderful kids who are grown, and a great daughter in law and son in law. And I've got a grandson that thinks Paw Paw is second only to Maw Maw (I can live with that). I've got a church that is exciting to attend, and people who love and support Trish and I. No, I don't have everything. But I am so blessed to have the important things. AND IT JUST DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!

(The pic above is an oldie of years gone by when our kids were small)

Y'all be blessed,
Pastor Ronnie




No comments: