Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WE DESERVE A BREAK TODAY...


Remember the old McDonald's commercial? It said something like, "you deserve a break today, so get up and get away." The jingle continued, to McDonald's. Although I have frequently visited the fast food giant more than I could ever remember, I never thought of my time there as taking a break and getting away.
Truthfully, all of us need a break occasionally. You will find me blogging about this about once per quarter. I don't get to break that often, but I feel I need to. A few years ago, after our kids had all left the nest, Trish and I would take a little break and get away. We found it to be very refreshing. There is nothing like pulling aside from the normal busyness of life and relaxing. We often would take our bibles, a couple of good books, and just pray and relax. Nothing else would be on the agenda. When we would return home, we were refreshed. As a result, our ministry at the church was often blessed and refreshed because of our refreshing. Yeah, we deserve a break today.
Truth is, the budget has been tight. We've been needing to get away, but it has been difficult to do so. Now we're headed to the mountains. We're going to spend a few days there, thanks to an offering from the church. Some of our people put on an appreciation service, collected an offering, and pretty much insisted that we get away (thanks to those who did this, you know who you are). So we're mountain moving in the morning.
Zach, our grandson, is going with us. He has been planning this since our family getaway at the beach in June (pictured with me above). He said the other day that he was ready to go to the mountains and stay for a year. It seems he is burned out from spending a half day at the daycare. Boy, life is rough!
You deserve a break today, so get up and get away to McDona, er, ah, to the mountains. Pigeon Forge, here we come!
Blessings,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: