Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I am thankful today for the blessings God has given me. First of all, I am thankful for His forgiveness, grace and mercy. I am thankful for every blessing-- salvation, healing, deliverance, victory, and more. The Psalmist said, "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits."

I am thankful for my family. My mom and dad, my brothers and sisters, and their families. I am thankful for my wife, kids, son in law and daughter in law, and my grandson. I am thankful for Michael's good report last week from his battle with cancer.

I am thankful for my church family. They are our extended family, and Trish and I are blessed by having them in our lives. I never want to take them for granted. They have caught our vision, and they support us, stand with us, and believe in us.

I know many of you are facing the financial pinch this year. You aren't going to be able to spend this year for Christmas as you did last year. Some are struggling just to make ends meet. It's ok. It isn't important what you get or don't get. What matters is that you are there, and you offer your love to those in your life. Be thankful for them, and love them. There is no greater gift.

I went through the closet last night in search for an old video tape of our kids from years gone by. Tina, my daughter, had remembered one particular year when it snowed, and she and her brothers were playing in the snow. We had recorded it on video, and Tina wanted to show it to Michael, her husband, and to Zach, her nephew.

And so I am going through what I think might be the old VHS tape. It has several scenes of the family on it. While reviewing it to see if I have located the right one (it was) I saw some scenes from 15 years ago. The dates were December 1993. There was a scene of Christmas at Jack and Mary's (Trish's mom and dad). The kids were little. Mary was with us then. She has now gone on. Later, the video takes us to Christmas morning of '93. There's mom (Trish), and our 4 kids. They are all teenagers, all still at home. As I watched, I cried. The flood gates opened. I remembered the song I heard by Trace Atkins, "You're gonna miss this." Wow! The things we take for granted. I am thankful for my family. I love them so incredibly much.

I've reminisced enough. I am praying for you today. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Pastor Ronnie

No comments: