Monday, November 3, 2008

THE SHOFAR SOUNDED

We are having some awesome services at the church. We are sensing that we are on verge of revival and restoration. For the last two weeks, we have held Sunday Night Outpouring services, and have decided to continue for another couple of weeks. I am hesitant to change anything at this point. I know there is more, and we are ready for it.

Both services yesterday were awesome. There was such a flow last night that I didn't preach, just prayed and ministered to the people. But yesterday morning something happened that I have never seen in my 34 years of ministry.

Praise and Worship was going on, and I was on the floor, just in front of my seat where my wife and I stay prior to my entering the platform. The Holy Spirit was moving, and after about 15 or so minutes and at the closing of a song, the shofar sounded. We have a man in the church that brings his shofar, and will blow it at certain times. John usually arrives a few minutes late, and I had not seen him when I opened with prayer. So when he blowed the shofar behind me, I lifted my arms and waved him to continue, which he did. I never looked back at the moment.

A little while later, I entered the platform as the worship was continuing. When I got up, I realized something- John, our shofar player, was not there. There was no one there playing a shofar. I was floored. I did not immediately say anything, but before I began my sermon, referred to the sound. About half the church indicated they had also heard it. I had to hold myself steady to the pulpit as I preached, my knees were shaking so much.

I've never been too deep in some of the things people get caught up in. Pentecostal and Charismatic churches (of which we are) tend to go overboard on sensational manifestations. I have always tried to keep the church balanced. I say that to say this-- I think an angel of the Lord may have sounded the shofar. I know this: I heard the shofar sound.

I am not sure what is going on, but I know something is happening. I say, "Yes, Lord."

Blessings,
Pastor Ronnie

No comments: