Friday, November 21, 2008

WE ARE SO BLESSED!

I sit here this morning finishing my second cup of coffee. I have spent some time in my bible study, and some time working on the church bulletin. I am thinking about some of the things which have transpired this week. Wow, it has been a challenging one! I had a toothache last weekend, so Monday morning I had it pulled (ouch). Trish, my beautiful wife, had a cold. She is recovering from it, just about well. But more pressing on both of us was a trip to the doctor for an exam. She had gone in last week for one of those yearly events, and they scheduled a follow up. Something was showing up, and they needed to run some tests.

Needless to say, our week, and the one prior, was spent with reflection, apprehension, and some worry and doubt. Yes, I know I am not supposed to confess my doubts and fears. I know the scriptures and I preach the sermons. But the truth is, I am not there yet. Sometimes I do worry, sometimes I do doubt, and sometimes my mind is fearful. And I did my share of that, both last week, and this week. In addition to my concerns with Trish, there are other things. Michael, my son in law, was awaiting a scan and evaluation concerning his stem cell transplant and the cancer he has been fighting. My dad has been weak, due to the cancer and treatments he has been receiving. And of course, the responsibilities and cares of our church family. Sometimes it can be overwhelming. I have to learn to lean on the Lord over and over again.

The follow up report with Trish was good. Michael has received a preliminary report that, so far, is good. My dad is receiving strength in his body. And the church is growing. People's lives are being changed. There is excitement all around.

No, everything is not perfect. There remains problems, challenges, lack of funds, and needs. But I want to tell you we are blessed. We are not blessed in the absence of problems, but we are blessed in the midst of them. When things are going wrong, we are still blessed. God is God, and God is good.

Count your blessings today... It isn't just because the report was good that you are blessed. It is because when you couldn't carry yourself through the storm, there was ONE who picked you up and carried you.


I love you, and am praying for you today!

Pastor Ronnie

No comments: