Friday, November 21, 2008

UPDATE FROM MICHAEL ARMSTRONG

Michael Armstrong is my son in law, who has been receiving treatments for cancer. Last August he underwent a stem cell transplant. Michael received his first scan since the transplant Wednesday, and today he received the report. I have posted several prayer requests and comments concerning he and my daughter Tina in the last year or so. Here is an email he sent today. I wanted to share it with those of you who faithfully read my blog, as I know you have been a part of the prayer family.

The pic here is of our family vacation in June, just before Michael went to Duke to receive his treatments prior to the transplant. He and my grandson Zach are enjoying themselves :)

From Michael:
It is hard to believe that next week is Thanksgiving. Despite everything Tina and I have gone through, we have so much to be thankful for. First and foremost, we have our Lord and savior Jesus Christ who gives us strength everyday to confront the battles we face. Then we have an unbelievable support group of family and friends that have helped us in so many ways. Well, it is time to celebrate. I am in REMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No cancer cells were detected on my latest scan. Though my journey is not complete, all of the cancer is gone. I will still be out of work through the rest of the year while my new immune system is trying to take hold. Especially since this is the heart of the cold and Flu season. It will still take close to a year for me to fully recover from the transplant, but I will recover. I have been in the valley's some, but I will tell you now, it feels great to be on the mountain top celebrating. Even though the mountain top today is at Presbyterian hospital getting some red blood cells. It's all good!! I doubt I will send out another update before the Thanksgiving holiday, so I want to take a moment to tell all of you how Thankful Tina and I are to have each one of you in our lives. Your prayers, love, and support continue to encourage and uplift us and help us kick cancer's rear end!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Michael and Tina

No comments: