Friday, August 28, 2009

SMORGASBORD

I've been taking a break this week from my usual postings on facebook and twitter. I am by calling and the design of God a communicator. I love to interact and connect with people. My posts on twitter are probably 95% relating to the Lord and encouraging. On facebook, they are probably 80% so, with the remaining portion various interacting. What a great format the Lord has provided that we can use these resources for kingdom advantage. As I said, I don't totally preach and teach on them. In addition to a passion for God, I love to cut up and tease, and just plain talk. I have found that even those times when I am just talking about the weather, sports, family, or something else that God can use it to help me connect with people who just want to talk. I'm going to take another day or so from the social networking. I do enjoy them and find them to be a great tool of ministry, and plan on continuing both.

This week has certainly been one of variety, thus the title, smorgasbord. My grandson started kindergarden this week. Those of you who know me know that he and I are glued to the hip. So the week has been one of a major struggle. Not sure about for Zach, but it has been for me.

Some good things are transpiring in the church. Sunday was an awesome day. Began with a great service, pretty good crowd- finally. The summer months have been down. A good number of people also went with us to Chimney Rock, a local mountain resort area, about 20 miles away. We had a wonderful evening of fun and fellowship. Wednesday was another awesome service, and again, the crowd was better than usual for the midweek service- this, even though it was affected somewhat by school starting back. Met some great people this week.

It hasn't been a perfect one, though. Just when you're flying high, the devil hits you. I've got to remember to keep my spiritual guard up. One of those things where I am not pleased with my response or actions.

Have spent the week praying. We started intercessory prayer back Monday night at the church. I believe this is the key. Praying for our area, our church. Financial problems are big here. Believing God for breakthrough. Also praying for others. Got some friends in ministry going through some things, lifting them up.

That's it. Pretty much sums my week up... How's yours?

No comments: